Monday, August 31, 2009

The Couch-to-5K Running Plan

Every single time I put on a pair of jeans, I find myself to be a very unhappy person. You see, since October 2007, I've gained 30 lbs. To many people, that wouldn't be a lot. But to me, that's a whole lot of excess weight. In honor of my Confessional, I will admit it here: I weight 169 lbs. I know this for a fact because I weighed in this morning. I'm horrified. And I'm going to attempt to change. Next July, I want to be able to wear a wickedly small bikini, preferably the sexiest thing I can find at Victoria's Secret. We're going to Ibiza in July 2010 & I plan to look HOT HOT HOT!!

To begin, I started The Couch-to-5K Running Plan. I'm using my iPhone to help keep me on track; there are a few great applications for the C25K program. You can find the application I'm using here. Today was Week 1 Day 1. I got through it, but it was really tough. But I plan to make this work & lose at least these extra 30 lbs. If I can lose more, it would be wickedly awesome. I'm striving for 140 lbs.

I'll continue to blog about this endeavor. Losing weight is tough for everyone. It's a tough thing to be honest about. I'm going to make it work because I'm at the edge of this thing getting out of control. Like most things, it's much easier to nip it in the bud. And since it's difficult for everyone, I hope my determination can encourage others to be determined. So here we go!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I found the workout. It looks promising. I started today. Not too bad for the first day!

How are you making out?

Keep me updated

Unknown said...

I'm moving onto Week 1 Day 3...it's going pretty well because the iPhone application makes it very easy to do. I like it a lot so far!